Star Wars x The Oodie x Short Story 'Tag & Win' Competition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
These Terms and Conditions govern the Promoters’ competition giving you the chance to win 1 of 3 Star Wars x The Oodie x Short Story prize packs valued at $178.95 AUD.
By entering this Competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. You should read them carefully and we recommend you save a copy of them for your reference.
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the Terms and Conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
3. The Promoters are Short Story and The Oodie.
4. The Walt Disney Company and each of their respective parent, affiliates and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Competition.
Who Can Enter
5. Entry is only open to residents of Australia aged 13 years or over.
6. Employees and their immediate families of the promoters, directors, management, related companies, retailers, suppliers and their agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
How To Enter
8. Entrants must tag a friend in the comments of the Instagram post announcing the competition. 1 tag is equivalent to 1 entry into the competition. A bonus entry may be gained by the entrant sharing the post on their Instagram Story.
9. By submitting an entry into this competition, entrants consent to receive promotional and other marketing messages from the Promoters (including messages sent electronically for an unlimited period of time). Entrants will be able to opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each message sent by the Promoters.
10. To be eligible to win, entrants must be following @the_oodie and @shortstorygift on Instagram at the time of the competition draw, and remain as a follower at the time of the competition redraw if a redraw occurs in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of entry.
11. Entrants must provide contact details on request to be eligible to win. Entrants may only enter in their own name. Inaudible, incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete entries may be deemed invalid.
12. The Promoters reserve the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoters, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoters, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or the Promoters. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoters become aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
Number of Entries Permitted
13. Numerous entries per person will be permitted.
14. The Promoters will ensure that all entries have an equal chance of winning the prize. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase an entrant’s chances of winning.
15. The competition commences on 20/12/2021 at 04:00 PM and closes 22/12/2021 at 04:00 PM ('Promotional Period'). All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are local times, based on the location of the Promoters. If any draw date falls on a public holiday, as defined in the state of the Promoters, that draw will be conducted on the next business day. Entries must be received by the Promoters prior to the competition close date and time.
16. The winners will be drawn upon the close of the competition (15/12/2021 at 04:00 PM).
17. The Promoters accept no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
18. The winners will be announced via the Promoters’ Instagram Stories upon the close of the competition. The winner may also have their details published on the Promoters’ social media accounts within 4 days of the draw for the purpose of announcing the winners of the competition.
19. The prizes will be sent within 28 days of the draw.
20. The Promoters may conduct such further draws one month after the original draw in order to distribute any prizes unclaimed by this date, subject to State and Territory legislation. Winners of any further draws will be announced via the Promoters’ Instagram Stories within two business days of the draw.
21. The total number of winners in this competition is 3.
22. The prizes on offer are 3x Star Wars x The Oodie x Short Story prize packs valued at $178.95 AUD. These packs consists of:
a. 1x Star Wars Candle Grogu Limited Edition
b. 1x Star Wars Boba Fett Oodie
a. 1x Star Wars Candle Darth Vader
b. 1x Star Wars Blue Oodie
a. 1x Star Wars Candle Ahsoka
b. 1x Star Wars Black Oodie
23. The Promoters’ decision is final and the Promoters will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result.
24. No part of the prize is exchangeable, redeemable for cash or any other prize, or transferable.
25. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoters reserve the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation.
26. Once the prize has left the Promoters’ premises, the Promoters take no responsibility if the prizes are damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
Additional Terms and Conditions
27. Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim they have to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoters have sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoters reserve the right to request whatever documentation they deem necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoters upon request. The Promoters reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false information or who seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate this competition.
28. The Promoters highly recommend a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoters make all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoters cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoters due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
29. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoters. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
30. The Promoters reserve the right to conduct a redraw in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions.
31. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoters’ ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoters may in their absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State and Territory legislation.
32. The Promoters (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserve the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoters corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition or if such a change is required to ensure the safety of the Promoters, its representatives and of entrants. Such changes may include the timing of any draw and the conduct of any prize related activities. The Promoters will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition. In particular, computer generated entries and the use of "scripting" is not permitted and will not be accepted.
33. The Promoters and the prize supplier shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoters are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
34. The Promoters reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoters have reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoters’ legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
35. The Promoters’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is subject to State and Territory legislation but also final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
36. The Promoters and its related entities collect entrants' personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winners). The Promoters may disclose personal information collected to an agent who is engaged to conduct the competition draw and for prize fulfilment. The Promoters may also disclose personal information collected to Australian regulatory authorities, such as the regulators of trade promotions. The Promoters will otherwise handle your personal information in accordance with their Privacy Policies available at https://shortstory.com.au/pages/terms-of-service-privacy-policy and https://theoodie.com/policies/privacy-policy.
37. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoters who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received.
38. In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and cooperate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners agree to grant the Promoters a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
39. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
40. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ('Non-Excludable Guarantees').
41. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including their respective officers, employees and agents) and the prize supplier are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoters’ control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoters) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.